Appel à projets de prématuration 2023
PSL Valorisation and the Institut de Convergence PSL-Qlife join forces to support up to 10 innovative projects with high socio-economic potential, including three projects in the field of quantitative biology, supported by PSL-Qlife. The Qlife part of the call is open to any project involving at least one PSL-Qlife research team, in the field of quantitative biology. Projects involving partnerships with research teams outside PSL are eligible, but only PSL-Qlife teams may be funded.
Selected projects must have a high potential for economic and / or societal impact. They may aim at the creation of a start-up or any other form of technology or knowledge transfer to the socio-economic world.
Conditions of eligibility
- Eligible projects must involve at least one PSL-Qlife research group and be validated by the director of the unit of the applicant (PI).
- The maximal project duration is 18 months, unless duly justified.
- The highest requested funding is 100k€. This limit may be increased to 120 k€ for projects with special needs (for example in terms of equipment, services, etc.). These needs must be justified in the application and will be assessed by the Selection Committee.
Objectives and eligible expenses
The allocated funding must be used to prepare and / or facilitate the transfer of knowledge, results or inventions from the research groups involved, in order to foster economic and / or societal impact. The funding can cover staff costs, equipment (whatever the depreciation period), operating costs (including travel and consumables), and external contracting, corresponding to technical achievements by one or more providers (public or private).
The evaluation process will be supervised by PSL Valorisation, in coordination with the PSL-Qlife Steering Committee. It will be approved by the Oversight Committee (“Comité d’Engagement”) set up in relation the FNV funding allocated to PSL Valorisation.
The Selection Committee will comprise independent experts, as well as a member of the PSL-Qlife Steering Committee. Each application will be evaluated by 2 independent specialists in the relevant field, whose reports will be forwarded to the Selection Committee. The members of the Selection Committee and the evaluators will sign a statement of confidentiality.
The following evaluation criteria will be taken into account:
- Scientific and technological quality (if applicable)
Existing results, publications, scientific environment
- Innovative character and added value with regard to the state of the art
State of the art description, comparison of the solution with possible alternatives
- Socio-economic impact, feasibility of the technology transfer, identified markets
Innovation and transfer approach; preliminary vision of applications, users and markets; foreseen process for the definition of a business model, for contacts with users and for market identification
- Technical and economic feasibility (resources, calendar, environment, partnerships)
Key steps, milestones, deliverables; adequacy of resources and timeline; risk management
- February 8, 2023 : Publication of the call for projects
- February-March 2023 : Information meetings on the call by videoconference, intended for all researchers and Tech Transfer staff within PSL :
- February 13 at 4:00 pm in videoconference
- March 8 at 2:00 pm in videoconference
- March 14 at 11:30 am in videoconference or in person at the Curie amphitheatre
To participate, please register by using the following link : https://framaforms.org/aap-pre-maturation-2023-1673960751
. You will then receive, 24 hours before the meeting, a link giving access to a Microsoft Teams meeting room (accessible via your browser, even if you do not have the Teams application).
- April 11, 2023: Deadline for sending a non-confidential summary and a list of three experts for project evaluation.
- April 24, 2023: Deadline for submitting applications. - closure of the call for projects
- May-June 2023: Project evaluation
- July 2023: Announcement of the results.
Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by sending two files (in Word and PDF formats), using the provided template.
Applicants should contact one of the technology transfer officers of their department and should indicate the name of this person in their application.
Please contact the technology transfer department of your establishment or PSL Valorisation for further information.